March 19, 2006

Bitch-bitch, moan-moan

You know, it has been a while since I've been here.

Just passing through, really.

Life is drifting along. Caught the flu during St. Patrick's Day weekend, started on Friday, an upheaval of corned beef, Guinness and ice cream later and two days of achey, nausceous consciousness that just made everything shitty.

Other than that, work is work. I'm mostly just there, putting out pages and writing stories of games that are of little importance, except for those who played them and their parents. The politics in the office is at an all-time high. Add in the publisher's almost daily chant of "We need to get better or else..." and you get the idea. Tough to feel good about what you do in a place like that.

Erin is seven months old now and is a cutie... Yes, I'm biased, but it is the truth. She's getting stronger, physically, mentally and personality. Kris is doing well. Her work is getting to her as well...

Our schedules haven't helped much, since we only see each other at lunch time and when I have a chance to come home for dinner (her - 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; me - 3 p.m.-Mid.) Saves on child care and we both get time with Erin, but not much with each other.

Yeah, a lot of bitch-bitch, moan-moan. Now you know why I haven't written much. Tough to really get everything down when you feel down, too.

And yes, I haven't written much to the Calif. crew, either. I know... Much of the reason is above. It just seems as if that's all I do... bitch-bitch, moan-moan.

Yes, there was the Super Bowl. Lots of stories there. Hell, just getting there is several stories in and of themselves. I just have to get them down and out of my head.

But I'm tired. And still ill... Such is my life now...

May yours be better... and forgive me for the downer post. I hope to feel better in the morning...

Rob
(c) R. Burns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home